Tags

We seem to have gotten into a grocery shopping rut. Every week we tend to get the same things: Yogurt, Milk, Bread, Peanut Butter, Pretzels, Ground Turkey or Chicken breast, Pasta, Frozen Veggies, Fruit, Cheese, Eggs… BORING!

Mr. Macaroni likes to do the grocery shopping. He loves to get a good deal. He studies the flyers and sometimes he will go to three different places for our weeks groceries. I however do the cooking. This can get confusing with one person doing the shopping and the other doing the cooking.

I’m also in charge of deciding what the kids eat. Their calls of “I’m hungry!” fall on me. We have plenty of healthy options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. 90% of the time the kids will eat the same dinner Mr. Macaroni and I eat. The other 10% I’ll make them something special. It’s snack time, which is a lot of the time, that I am at a complete loss! We somehow have a lot of junk food in our house for not ever purchasing any! Holidays and birthdays supply us with a bottomless stash of candy. We have dinner at my in-laws, they live two minutes away, at least once a week and are sent home with the extra desert. When my parents visit they usually bring cookies.  At snack time I of course try and push healthier choices and Butter of course wants the junk! Peanut wants whatever Butter has.

I finally found a treat we can both agree on! Trail mix from Target it’s a good price for the amount you get. We are definitely going to have to add this to our pantry staples.

 

apricots, pineapple, mango (I think), yogurt covered peanuts, almonds, raisins, cashews, coconut and chocolate chips. The kids are having a blast with it! The shaved coconut is tripping them up a little bit they aren’t quite sure what to do with it. Butter actually asked “Can I eat this?” and Peanut eats around it 🙂

So, I ask you what are your pantry staples? and what are your go to’s at snack time?

Advertisements